- Obtain the web address (URL) for Web-4M from the administrator at your
- On the main web page for the Web-4M server there are two links:
The launch Web-4M with QuickStart will download Web-4M to your
computer and is recommended if you are connecting over a slow network, otherwise
select Launch Web-4M.
The first time you login to Web-4M you will be prompted to grant permissions
for the program to access your computer. Grant the requested permissions.
If you specify to have permissions remembered (or always trusted) you will
not be prompted again on subsequent logins.
Web-4M can be configured for open registration. If this is how your
site is set up, the New User button will unghosted. If this is the
case, type in your user name (pick anyone) and a password (again pick anyone)
and click the New User button. You will be prompted for your password
again and for your full name.
If Web-4M is not open for registration, you must obtain a user name
and password from your administrator. Type in your user name and password
and click the Login button.
The Web-4M control panel should appear showing E-Mail, News, Calendar,
Phone, Documents and Rooms.
- Launch Web-4M and
- Launch Web-4M with QuickStart.
- Out of date web browser.
- Invalid user name or password, see your administrator, the name might
be allready in use.
- Simple spelling mistake of username or password.
- Does not connect due to a firewall problem, see your administrator
to make sure the appropriate ports are open in your firewall (typically ports
7000 - 7005(TCP) and 9100 - 9200(TCP/UDP). and 9100) or the Acess-4M tunnel
server is running.